San Luis Obispo Pickleball
Welcome to the SLO Pickleball Club
- We are First & Foremost about having fun … you'll find friendly folks who would love for you to come and join us in a game.
- It provides exercise for our bodies while we are having fun. The game is good for your coordination, your reactions, your muscle development and your mental health.
- Lastly, San Luis Obispo has the best weather for playing pickleball on the Central Coast!
Come join us! We guarantee you’ll have fun! Questions? Email Us
Learn to Play
- If you've not tried this fast growing sport… We have Free Lessons on Thursdays from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at the Lower courts at French Park. See below for location details.
- Before coming to our Free Lessons, please view this short video describing the basics of Pickleball. Click here for additional tutorial videos.
- We will have all the equipment for you to start playing. Just come to see what the game is about.
- Interested in the History of Pickleball, click here.
For more information about learning to play, click here.
Pickleball in San Luis Obispo
The City of San Luis Obispo provides three venues for playing pickleball:
- Three permanent courts (French Park Upper Courts) at French Park,
- Four temporary courts (French Park Lower Courts) on the French Park tennis court and
- Three temporary courts at Meadow Park on the basketball court.
In partnership with the City, the SLO Pickleball Club manages and helps maintain these venues.
Below is the schedule for play at these venues and a map showing the location of each venue.
When we play
Public Play - When courts are not being used for Club activities or reserved for tennis, you may bring your own paddles, balls and players. City rules limit play to 1.5 hours when others are waiting. As mentioned below, the public is invited to participate during club activities.
Club Activities (Club membership not required but encouraged, click to join):
- Free Beginner PIckleball Lessons - Balls, nets and paddles provided by the club. Lessons provided by club members along with play with other beginners. Come by yourself or bring friends.
- Club Play - Balls and nets provided by the club. Bring your paddle and rotate onto the courts in groups of 4 players, first come first serve. All skill levels.
- Challenge Play - Balls and nets provided by the club. Bring your paddle and rotate in as groups of two to challenge the previous winners on that court.
Reserved for Tennis - During these time periods tennis players have priority for use of the Lower Courts at French Park.
Where we play
Join us as a member as we create opportunities to play by 1) supporting the development of new facilities, 2) providing balls and nets and 3) planning social and skill development events.
Join the Gang
Want an official SLO Pickleball Club t-shirt or sweatshirt? Just contact J. Carroll, a local specialty merchandise company, and order one with our CLUB logo. Tell them you are a member.
Official Club Color is TURQUOISE
113 Cross St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401