San Luis Obispo Pickleball
Welcome to the SLO Pickleball
- We are First & Foremost about having fun … you'll find friendly folks who would love for you to come and join us in a game.
- It provides exercise for our bodies while we are having fun. The game is good for your coordination, your reactions, your muscle development and your mental health.
- Lastly, San Luis Obispo has the best weather for playing pickleball on the Central Coast!
Come join us! We guarantee you’ll have fun! Questions? Email Us
- To develop public interest and participation in the sport of pickleball within the City of San Luis Obispo;
- To encourage and support pickleball players of all ages, gender, ability and skill levels;
- To provide pickleball events and activities in the City of San Luis Obispo;
- And, to assist and support the City of San Luis Obispo with the improvement to and expansion of pickleball facilities.
- USAPA Pickleball rule changes for 2020
- January 2020 Edition of Slam Dunk, the club newsletter
- Minutes from January 2020 Board Meeting
- December 2019 Edition of Slam Dink, the club newsletter
- Minutes from November Board Meeting
- 2020 Board Members/Officers Announced - See details below
- Tournament Player Priority - Fridays, Upper Court, 11 am
- Septmber 2019 Edition of Slam Dink, the club newsletter
- Pictures from the June Women's RR
- Pictures from the June Men's RR
- Renew your membership. Renewals help us do more.
Learn to Play
Lessons temporarily suspended due to Covid-19 pandemic until further notice. If you've not tried this fast growing sport… We have Free Lessons on Thursdays from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at the Lower courts at French Park. See below for location details.
- Before coming to our Free Lessons, please view this short video describing the basics of Pickleball. Click here for additional tutorial videos.
- We will have all the equipment for you to start playing. Just come to see what the game is about.
- Interested in the History of Pickleball, click here.
For more information about learning to play, click here.
Improve your Skills
Whether you want to gain skills to play in tournaments or just be more competitive during recreational play, skill development can be an important part of your pickleball life. Many players find that there are at least two benefits from visiting YouTube.com to understand the game better and to work on skill development.
First, YouTube has many tutorials on skill development. Just visit YouTube.com and search for pickleball. Some of those are linked in our Learn / Improve page.
And second, there are many videos of tournaments played around the country. Viewing these players will give you an idea of how really good players play.
Periodically, the club will offer Skill Development sessions. Keep your eyes open on this website for our next session.
Where we play
When we play
During the Covid-19 pandemic conditions, the following times have been set up by the City:
Join us as a member as we create opportunities to play by 1) supporting the development of new facilities, 2) providing balls and nets and 3) planning social and skill development events.
Board of Directors / Officers (2020)
President, Brian O'Kelly email (805) 610-5186
Vice President, Connie Hanretty-Church email
Secretary, Diane Harrison email
Treasurer, Katie Arndt email
Director, Ken James email
Director, Roar Berg-Johansen email
Director, Jesse Lee email
USAPA Ambassador, Jean Hyduchak email
Join the Gang
Want an official SLO Pickleball Boosters t-shirt or sweatshirt? Just contact J. Carroll, a local specialty merchandise company, and order one with our Boosters logo. Tell them you are a member.
Official Club Color is TURQUOISE
113 Cross St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401