Play in SLO
Pickleball in San Luis Obispo
The City of San Luis Obispo provides three venues for playing pickleball:
- Three permanent courts (French Park Upper Courts) at French Park,
- Four temporary courts (French Park Lower Courts) on the French Park tennis court and
- Three temporary courts at Meadow Park on the basketball court.
In partnership with the City, the SLO Pickleball Club manages and helps maintain these venues.
Below is the schedule for play at these venues and a map showing the location of each venue.
When We Play
Public Play - When courts are not being used for Club activities or reserved for tennis, you may bring your own paddles, balls and players. City rules limit play to 1.5 hours when others are waiting.
Club Activities (Club membership not required but encouraged, click to join):
- Free Beginner PIckleball Lessons - Balls, nets and paddles provided by the club. Lessons provided by club members along with play with other beginners. Come by yourself or bring friends.
- Club Play - Balls and nets provided by the club. Bring your paddle and rotate onto the courts in groups of 4 players, first come first serve. All skill levels.
- Challenge Play - Balls and nets provided by the club. Bring your paddle and rotate in as groups of two to challenge the previous winners on that court.
Reserved for Tennis - During these time periods tennis players have priority for use of the Lower Courts at French Park.